April 25, 2010
Could be the pregnancy but I'm feeling a little Suzie Homemaker today so thought I'd make the kids some playdough. I am so sick of buying commercial dough that dries out really quickly so I thought I'd try this recipe from Frills in the Hills
I highly recommend this recipe. It is easy and fairly clean to make, plus with a little less food colouring than the original recipe it makes a bright pink colour that my daughter loves.
2 cups white flour
1/2 cup salt
4 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 cups water
2.5 teaspoons vegetable food colouring (we used rose)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a saucepan:
1. Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
2. Add water, food colouring and oil.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 min.
4. When it forms a ball in the center of the saucepan, turn out and knead onto a lightly floured surface - careful as it's pretty hot.
6. Store in plastic container or ziplock bag.