Pages

April 25, 2010

Playdough Recipe


Could be the pregnancy but I'm feeling a little Suzie Homemaker today so thought I'd make the kids some playdough. I am so sick of buying commercial dough that dries out really quickly so I thought I'd try this recipe from Frills in the Hills

I highly recommend this recipe. It is easy and fairly clean to make, plus with a little less food colouring than the original recipe it makes a bright pink colour that my daughter loves.

Ingredients:
2 cups white flour
1/2 cup salt
4 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 cups water
2.5 teaspoons vegetable food colouring (we used rose)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Method
In a saucepan:
1. Mix flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
2. Add water, food colouring and oil.
3. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3 to 5 min.
4. When it forms a ball in the center of the saucepan, turn out and knead onto a lightly floured surface - careful as it's pretty hot.
6. Store in plastic container or ziplock bag.

2 comments:

  1. Did you know your lovely photo has been stolen by a youtube cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know that it wasn't her photo?

      Delete